Enforce Complex Password Policy is an account-wide setting found under the security section of your account settings.
Normally, the only requirement placed on user passwords is that they be at least 6 characters in length. Enabling the Enforce Complex Password Policy setting causes all users of your workspaces and your account to have the following password policy enforced:
- Password must be at least 6 characters
- Password must have at least 3 of the following:
- English uppercase characters (A - Z)
- English lowercase characters (a - z)
- Punctuation (eg. !, $, #, %)
- Numbers (0 - 9)
After this setting is enabled, existing users will be required to choose a new password the next time they sign in, even if their current password meets the requirements. Newly invited users will see the password requirements when accepting their first invitation.